GEORGIA O’KEEFFE
Biography:
-She was born in Wisconsin in 1887 and she died in New
Mexico in 1986.
-She was a
painter recognized as the mother of the “American modernism”.
-Her
childhood and adolescence were spent in a rural setting.
-Between 1915 and 1916 she made abstractions based on
natural reasons.
-In 1924 she married Alfred Stieglitz.
- -Her best
known works are large paintings of flowers on a giant scale, as Black
Iris.
-In 1946 she moved to Mexico.
-In 1970 she
was left partially blind so she painted just a few works until her death, in
1986.
MY FAVOURITE PAINTINGS ARE…
-My favourite two paintings are Red Poppy, painted in 1927
and White rose abstraction with pink, painted in 1927.
-The style of this paintings is called precisionism.
-In the first picture you can see a big Red poppy and
in the second a big white rose a bit abstract.
-I like it because I love flowers and when I see them they make me think of spring.
-I love that the pictures are focused in showing just the
flower.
-Finally I love the way she uses the colours,they are very lively!
I also like the paintings that I have post above (in the biography), the first one is Charcoal on paper, 1915, and the second one is Black Iris, 1926. Maybe they are a little bit sad but I thing that they have a lot of movement and expression.





Thank you Lucia,
ReplyDeleteI really love her paintings!